Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC TC is offline

Default How can I eliminate multiple instances of spreadsheets upon openin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like you used Windows | New Window at some time
Close one of the views of the worksheet
Save the workbook
Now open and see if the problem went away, if not please tell us more but
use this white space not just the Subject box
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Multiples of same workbook?

Multiple workbooks?

Please use this large white area known as the "body" to describe what
occurs.

Your Subject text gets cut off after "openin"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC TC is offline

Default How can I eliminate multiple instances of spreadsheets upon op

Sorry about the abbreviated description.

When I open excel two new spreadsheets start-up. When I go to view macros
their names are listed in the Macro's In drop down menu. The delete button is
ghosted so I can't delete them. (I already did this.)

They are separate work sheets, complicating the problem is if I sent a
worksheet via email the recipient receives the additional worksheets when
they open the excel worksheet I sent.

I deleted all data from the two worksheets so they are blank.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Sounds like you used Windows | New Window at some time
Close one of the views of the worksheet
Save the workbook
Now open and see if the problem went away, if not please tell us more but
use this white space not just the Subject box
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You already have another thread going.

Please try to decide what you want a "spreadsheet" to be.

You talk of sending a worksheet and recipient receives additional
worksheets. Not possible.

Spreadsheet is a generic term for applications like Excel.

Excel has workbooks which can contain multiple worksheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Sounds like you used Windows | New Window at some time
Close one of the views of the worksheet
Save the workbook
Now open and see if the problem went away, if not please tell us more but
use this white space not just the Subject box
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"TC" wrote in message

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC TC is offline

Gord,

Please strike all references to worksheets, my issue is with spreadsheets.
Please clarify "you have another thread going".

Thank you - TC

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Sounds like you used Windows | New Window at some time
Close one of the views of the worksheet
Save the workbook
Now open and see if the problem went away, if not please tell us more but
use this white space not just the Subject box
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"TC" wrote in message

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You actually mean "workbooks" don't you?

"another thread going" means you have this same question under a separate
posting.

I do not understand your description of your problem.

You say when you open Excel two new workbooks start up and "their names are
listed in Macro's dropdown menu"

What names are listed?

Do you have Personal.xls(b) opening when you open a workbook?

If you sent a workbook to a recipient they would not receive Personal.xls(b)
along with it.

Please try to ascertain the filenames of the workbooks that are opening and
post that here.

Gord

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Sounds like you used Windows | New Window at some time
Close one of the views of the worksheet
Save the workbook
Now open and see if the problem went away, if not please tell us more but
use this white space not just the Subject box
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP