Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Dates

Hey there,,

I am trying to make a weekly excel tab on excel. I have 53 tabs, the first tab being a running total and then 52 tabs all for each week of the year..

I want all the tabs to be able to automatically update the dates from the first tab..

So in the second tab (WEEK1) I have cell B1 with the start date.. c2 is the day after and so on for 7 days.

I want to all the other tabs to be able to auto update if I change the very first date.. Any help???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:30:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hey there,,

I am trying to make a weekly excel tab on excel. I have 53 tabs, the first tab being a running total and then 52 tabs all for each week of the year..

I want all the tabs to be able to automatically update the dates from the first tab..

So in the second tab (WEEK1) I have cell B1 with the start date.. c2 is the day after and so on for 7 days.

I want to all the other tabs to be able to auto update if I change the very first date.. Any help???

Just use a formula in the first cell of each week after the first that adds one day to the final day on the very first sheet.

i.e. first sheet = "Summary"
Cell A1 is Jan 1, 2016
Cell A2 formula is "=A1+1", copy formula into A3 - A7

second sheet = "Week1"
Cell A1 formula is =Summary!A1
Cell A2 formula is "=A1+1", copy formula into A3 - A7

third sheet = "Week2"
Here, you can either:
point Week2!A1 to the same Summary sheet (=Summary!A8), or you could simply add 1 day to the final date on Week1. A1 formula is =Week1!A7+1.

Rinse, repeat 50 more times for Week3 thru Week52.