Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Statusbar has disappeared - Excel 2003

There is no Statusbar (status bar) option in View/Toolbars either. If I do
Full Screen or Not Full Screen -- there is no status bar. What can I do to
recover the status bar?

Thanks,
Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rich,

Try Tools - Options - View Tab and check the Status Bar box.

You should have been able to find that in Help by searching for 'Status Bar'

OssieMac

"Rich" wrote:

There is no Statusbar (status bar) option in View/Toolbars either. If I do
Full Screen or Not Full Screen -- there is no status bar. What can I do to
recover the status bar?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks very much for your help. That fixed the problem.

And I did go to the help files. Now it brings up some webpage asking me to
register for online help. My excel is legitimate, and I have used the help
files extensively, but now I have to register for help? I click on help, I
type in

Status bar

It brings up a bunch of links. I click on the one that says

Display or hide the status bar

and it brings up this page (with no address bar) which asks me for some user
name, what I do, ... and then a grayed out accept button (until I fill the
stuff out). Is there a way to get around this?

"Rich" wrote:

There is no Statusbar (status bar) option in View/Toolbars either. If I do
Full Screen or Not Full Screen -- there is no status bar. What can I do to
recover the status bar?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi again Rich,

I have not got access to xl2003 at the moment and can't get access to it
until next week but if my memory serves me correctly there is an option on
the help screen to look on line and you should be able to turn this on or off.

OssieMac

"Rich" wrote:

There is no Statusbar (status bar) option in View/Toolbars either. If I do
Full Screen or Not Full Screen -- there is no status bar. What can I do to
recover the status bar?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this-

tools, options, general. click 'service options' buton. click 'on line
content' see if uncheck first check box help.

"Rich" wrote in message
| thanks very much for your help. That fixed the problem.
|
| And I did go to the help files. Now it brings up some webpage asking me
| register for online help. My excel is legitimate, and I have used the
help
| files extensively, but now I have to register for help? I click on help,
| type in
|
| Status bar
|
| It brings up a bunch of links. I click on the one that says
|
| Display or hide the status bar
|
| and it brings up this page (with no address bar) which asks me for some
user
| name, what I do, ... and then a grayed out accept button (until I fill
the
| stuff out). Is there a way to get around this?
|

| "OssieMac" wrote:
|
| Hi Rich,
|
| Try Tools - Options - View Tab and check the Status Bar box.
|
| You should have been able to find that in Help by searching for 'Status
Bar'

| --
| Regards,
|
| OssieMac
|

| "Rich" wrote:
|
| There is no Statusbar (status bar) option in View/Toolbars either.
If I do
| Full Screen or Not Full Screen -- there is no status bar. What can I
do to
| recover the status bar?
|
| Thanks,
| Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks. That fixed my Help/Online content problem.

.