Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Plotting against Date (collating months)

To track usage of pieces of equipment, I use Excel.
I have a couple of data columns:

Date (by Day) - Equipment Name - Hours - $ collected

I'd like to plot a number of graphs.

1. $ Collected Vs Date (by day) - (Done easily)

2. Bar graph of : Equipment Vs Date (by month) (so if I have 3 pieces of Equipment, I will see a graph of 3 bars in each month.
3. Total Hours Vs Date (by month)
4.Total $collected Vs Date (by month) - Thinking that 1. was easy to do, I changed the X-axis to do months but it didn't give the Total $ collected. Instead it showed the highest charge that month.

Anyone help?
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
To track usage of pieces of equipment, I use Excel.
I have a couple of data columns:

Date (by Day) - Equipment Name - Hours - $ collected

I'd like to plot a number of graphs.

1. $ Collected Vs Date (by day) - (Done easily)

2. Bar graph of : Equipment Vs Date (by month) (so if I have 3 pieces of Equipment, I will see a graph of 3 bars in each month.
3. Total Hours Vs Date (by month)
4.Total $collected Vs Date (by month) - Thinking that 1. was easy to do, I changed the X-axis to do months but it didn't give the Total $ collected. Instead it showed the highest charge that month.

Anyone help?
Could you provide some sample data in a workbook?
Makes it far easier to help out that way.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi again,

Nothing private so I've uploaded the tracking file here- http://db.tt/AxYNCGdp

Thanks for whatever help forthcoming.