Junior Member

Default Locating XLAM in same directory where XLSM is

Hi everybody!

My problem in Excel 2010 is like this :

There is an Excel file XLSM using some functions and macros containing in an XLAM file. Separate instances of this XLSM file are used by different people, each of them have an own data set in a personal file. This file can be stored on a movable medium like an USB-Stick. The file XLAM is under ongoing development and gets sometimes modified.
Now I would like to locate this XLAM file in the same directory where also the XLSM is - it means probably on a movable medium as well. The idea is that a modified XLAM can be simply downloaded by a person using XLSM and will serve it with the modified functions or macros, preserving the unique data contents of the relating XLSM. The USB stick can be taken to another computer and the XLSM will be usable with the copy of XLAM stored on the USB, even if on this computer there is some local copy of the XLAM, located in the AddIn path.

The point of my problem : How can I teach the XLSM that it should always use the XLAM stored in the same directory? -- something like "..\ABC.XLAM" without indicating the full path that may be different on different computers.

Any kindly assistance would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Victor