Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link to spreadsheet on SharePoint

Can I link to a spreadsheet that lives on SharePoint using Excel 2007? I am
getting my reports to send their spreadsheets to SharePoint overwriting the
previous spreadsheet. I then import the relevant page into the master
spreadsheet I keep on my machine. This allows me to combine them all and do
the number crunching offline without the need to copy/paste from Outlook. It
also allows all staff to see the relevant data in one location.

I thought it was possible however when I try I get all the way through and
the last step give me a "Microsoft Office ACCESS database engine could not
find the object 'Tab Name'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell
its name and the path name correctly."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can assign a mapped drive to the SharePoint folder and link to it use
that mapped drive letter.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

"Humphrey" wrote:

Can I link to a spreadsheet that lives on SharePoint using Excel 2007? I am
getting my reports to send their spreadsheets to SharePoint overwriting the
previous spreadsheet. I then import the relevant page into the master
spreadsheet I keep on my machine. This allows me to combine them all and do
the number crunching offline without the need to copy/paste from Outlook. It
also allows all staff to see the relevant data in one location.

I thought it was possible however when I try I get all the way through and
the last step give me a "Microsoft Office ACCESS database engine could not
find the object 'Tab Name'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell
its name and the path name correctly."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I'm trying to avoid mapped drives since this will be accessed by
many people from both internal and external (outside the company) machines.

I have just confirmed that this works in Excel 2003 using another computer
so it's got me *&%&*% why it's stopped working in 2007. Further help would
be appreciated.