Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default doubleclicking autofill crosshairs doesn't work in Excel 2007

In past versions of Excel, if I needed to copy a sequence or formula down all
the rows of a large table, I could enter the first row, select that cell, and
double-click the crosshairs at the lower right corner of the cell. Excel
would then auto-fill the sequence all the way down the table.

I have updated the Excel 2007 on two different machines, and now when I
double-click, nothing happens. Yet I have spend a few hours searching the
internet and everything I read assumes that it works in 2007 - I can't find
anything about what to do if it doesn't work.

Anybody have any ideas how I can get it working again?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

ButtonExcel OptionsAdvancedEditing Options.

"Enable fill handle and cell drag and drop"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP