Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Validation Dropdown list is not available

Hi,
I have entered this today earlier, but it has not been visible in the forum,
so, please, bare with me if it is already there...

I have XP and 2003.
Here's my problem: I have defined to one column validation. As I select one
of the cells, the dropdown list does not come available as usually. I have
had once before the same problem, but I cannot remember how it can be
resolved.

I have tried to make correction with another file. Creating column with
needed validation and it works perfectly. As I copy the column to original
file - again same problem - validation dropdown list (the arrow) is not
visible. But as I click the secondary mouse button I am able to select "Pick
From DropDown List..."

If I recall correctly, there is some kind of list function that needs to be
replaced, but cannot remember how...

Thanks in advance
Makelei
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Answered at your other posting but maybe you don't see that.

ToolsOptionsViewObjects "Show All"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:39:02 -0700, Makelei
wrote:

Hi,
I have entered this today earlier, but it has not been visible in the forum,
so, please, bare with me if it is already there...

I have XP and 2003.
Here's my problem: I have defined to one column validation. As I select one
of the cells, the dropdown list does not come available as usually. I have
had once before the same problem, but I cannot remember how it can be
resolved.

I have tried to make correction with another file. Creating column with
needed validation and it works perfectly. As I copy the column to original
file - again same problem - validation dropdown list (the arrow) is not
visible. But as I click the secondary mouse button I am able to select "Pick
From DropDown List..."