Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Linked workbooks?

Hello,

I would like to be able to enter information into Wkbk 1 and have it
automatically update Wkbk 2 - is that possible?

To take it one step further, I have 7 separate workbooks with lots of
entries with different program codes. I would love to have all the entries
with program code A update automatically to the Program A workbook and all
entries with Program Code B update to the Program B.

Can I make this work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

1. In EXCEL 2007 Set up 2 Workbooks one called avinity1.xlsx the other
called avinity2.xlsx.

2. In avinity1 Workbook in cell A 1 type, for example, this is cell A1.

3. Go to avinity2 Workbook and in cell A1 type:-

=[avinity1.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$1

This will copy the information directly from the avinity1 Workbook.

There are other ways of doing this.

Thanks.

"avinity" wrote:

Hello,

I would like to be able to enter information into Wkbk 1 and have it
automatically update Wkbk 2 - is that possible?

To take it one step further, I have 7 separate workbooks with lots of
entries with different program codes. I would love to have all the entries
with program code A update automatically to the Program A workbook and all
entries with Program Code B update to the Program B.

Can I make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Alternatively the following may help:-

1. In avinity1 type in data (any data that you like) in cells A 6 to E 7
inclusive (10 cells in total - you can make this range any size you like).

2. Highlight the range from number 1. above and do a Ctrl-C to copy.

3. Go to avinity2 Workbook (any cell that you like) then Home group / Paste
/ Paste Link. You should see that the data from avinity1 is copied in. Now,
if you amend avinity1, for the said range, it will update avinity2
automatically.

Thanks.