Junior Member

Default protection and grouping

Hi all,
I have a question. I am trying to format a new spreadsheet we will be sending out to our distributors. Needless to say we need to protect the sheet. There are some editable ranges. bur, I also have some grouping done on some of the columns. I'm getting an error message that grouping will not work with the sheet protected. is there anyway of making this work. Version is Excel 2003...

Thanks and...

Jesus alone can save from sin!
Junior Member

Hi, please let me add, I have found this code every where, but I need a code that will keep work each time the work book is opened. Thanks for any help!

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
'.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With
End Sub