Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Can you force a spreadsheet to open to a specific cell reference?

I am creating an excel spreadsheet to be used across a very large
organisation. I'd like know if its possible to have that spreadsheet always
open to Cell A1 on the first sheet. I use Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

KatJ, you could put this in the workbook open event,

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), _
scroll:=True
End Sub

To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and
pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will
open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the
window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this
window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you open
the workbook. If you are using excel 2000 or newer you may have to change
the macro security settings to get the macro to run. To change the security
settings go to tools, macro, security, security level and set it to medium

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"KatJ" wrote in message
I am creating an excel spreadsheet to be used across a very large
organisation. I'd like know if its possible to have that spreadsheet

always
open to Cell A1 on the first sheet. I use Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Your welcome, thanks for the feedback

--