Junior Member

Default Use text descriptors as Y axis units

Hi there!

I use a set of text labels (22 of them) starting from 'A' and ending with 'V' that are equivalent to a numerical value where A=0, B=1, C=2... and V=21.

I really want to have these text descriptors as my Y axis values and seeing as they are equally spaced, I would have thought there was a way to do it.

A typical graph I would need plotting would be a stacked graph whereby the X axis is a series of objects (i.e. cities, people's names etc.) and the Y axis is the series above, with the bars being comprised of an initial Y value plus a smaller value that 'sits on top'.

Is this at all possible?

Many thanks in advance!

P.S. I have looked at PeltierTech's Arbitrary Axis webpage but I couldn't seem to get that to work.

Tom

Last edited by Tom Robinson : January 4th 13 at 10:54 AM Reason: Additional information added
Junior Member

Hi Tom,

Check this out. I think it might work for you:

How-to Make Categories for Vertical and Horizontal Axis in an Excel Chart

Let me know if it helps.

Steve=True