Junior Member

Default Vlookup...sumif...?

Hi All,

Seems like a lovely, helpful community from posts I've searched trying to find this answer before creating my own thread.

I'm not totally new to Excel however I'm pretty green when it comes to using formulas beyond very simple things.

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets, essentially what I'm trying to accomplish here is have cell D2 in worksheet1 display a sum of columns J,N & Q from worksheet2 if the row in the worksheet2's column D is "ABFD" for example.

I'm just lost how to write the formula for it, any help is appreciated.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
Hi All,

Seems like a lovely, helpful community from posts I've searched trying to find this answer before creating my own thread.

I'm not totally new to Excel however I'm pretty green when it comes to using formulas beyond very simple things.

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets, essentially what I'm trying to accomplish here is have cell D2 in worksheet1 display a sum of columns J,N & Q from worksheet2 if the row in the worksheet2's column D is "ABFD" for example.

I'm just lost how to write the formula for it, any help is appreciated.
Hi,

Could you post an example workbook to make thing more easily understood?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
Hi All,

Seems like a lovely, helpful community from posts I've searched trying to find this answer before creating my own thread.

I'm not totally new to Excel however I'm pretty green when it comes to using formulas beyond very simple things.

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets, essentially what I'm trying to accomplish here is have cell D2 in worksheet1 display a sum of columns J,N & Q from worksheet2 if the row in the worksheet2's column D is "ABFD" for example.

I'm just lost how to write the formula for it, any help is appreciated.
Without an example is challenging to know what you mean.