Junior Member

Default Help Linking Rows Between Sheets While Sorting

Hello All,

I am fairly experienced with Excel, but unfamiliar with Macros.

I am working on a database for student assessment in which the first sheet lists student names and demographic information, followed by several additional sheets each for different subjects (math, science, etc.). The sheet for each subject is linked to the first sheet. For example, each student's name and demographic data is carried over into each subject sheet. This allows me to make any adjustments to demographics on the first page only instead of on each subject sheet. Since some of the data is dynamic, and there are many subject sheets, this is a fairly important feature.

The subject sheets are fairly complex themselves well. They are used not only to record grades and compute averages, but also to disaggragate data based on a variety of parameters.

Overall, everything is working well, but I have come across the following problem: If a new student is added to a class, when the student is added on the first sheet, the name carries over to all other sheets, but a new row is not added in each of the subject sheets which causes all of the data to mis-align. Is there a way to automatically program the database to add a corresponding row in each subject sheet whenever a new row is added to the first sheet, and if so, how?

Thanks ahead of time for any responses.