Junior Member

Default Creating a dynamic dropdown from closed workbook

Hi
I am trying to create a dynamic dropdown that refers to a closed workbook. I found a great thread on this website that referred back to 2006

http://www.excelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=76750

however, when I follow this through my dropdown shows zeros at the bottom of the dropdown list from where it is allowing there to be future values. Can anybody tell me how to format it so that if there is no value it truncates the list.

the other way I have tried is not adding the new values if they are added to the original list

Many thanks. I am struggling here!