Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is There a Formula that copies another cell exactly in Excel?

I'm Creating an excell spreadsheet with many worksheets. I need to find a
formula that allows me to only change the cell in the first worksheet so that
all of the rest will change and look the same. I've tried just using the =
(equal sign), but the problem is that the cell I want to copy has two formats
in it, a part that is bold and a part that isn't. When I use = it just makes
the cell either all bold or all not. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you give more information on what part needs to be bold and what part
doesn't. (i.e. a certain number of characters, after a key word, etc.) Is
their other formatting other than bold/not bold?

-Chris

"Dhbomb2k1" wrote:

I'm Creating an excell spreadsheet with many worksheets. I need to find a
formula that allows me to only change the cell in the first worksheet so that
all of the rest will change and look the same. I've tried just using the =
(equal sign), but the problem is that the cell I want to copy has two formats
in it, a part that is bold and a part that isn't. When I use = it just makes
the cell either all bold or all not. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formatting cannot be transferred via a linked cell formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:01:02 -0700, CWillis
wrote:

I'm Creating an excell spreadsheet with many worksheets. I need to find a
formula that allows me to only change the cell in the first worksheet so that
all of the rest will change and look the same. I've tried just using the =
(equal sign), but the problem is that the cell I want to copy has two formats
in it, a part that is bold and a part that isn't. When I use = it just makes
the cell either all bold or all not. Any help would be great.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I Have two lines, one on top of the other. The first line is bold the second
isn't. Like this:

CF-43 Envelope, Booklet, Grey (all of that being bold)
9-1/2 x 12-1/2 First Class (and all of this not)

-Ron