Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
somnath shetty

Default file cannot be accessed, could be read only

Hi,
I have an excel file named PF.xls. It was opening without any problems. Now
when i try to open the file, i get the following message ' PF.xls cannot be
accessed. The file may be read only, or you may be trying to access a
read-only location. Or the server the document is stored on may not be
responding'. I have Office 2000 installed on my PC. All my other excel files
still open except the one just mentioned above. Kindly help and give some
guidance on how to retrieve this file.
Assistance will be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nic

Oh, no! I got the exact same message today in a file that was working fine
on Friday. I was hoping there was a better answer out there. Is there is a
way to copy the data from a workbook into another without copying the
corruption?

"Jim Rech" wrote:

The only time I've personally seen this message the workbook was corrupted
and beyond repair. Had to go to a backup copy.

--
Jim