Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Crack a VBA password?

Hey everyone,

I need to crack a VBA password that one of my coworkers did a whil
back. He is no longer with the firm, and the client has come back t
change some of the numbers. Now we need to change some code. An
ideas? Thanks a lot guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA password

removewords.htm works on sheet and book protection, not on VBA.

http://www.lostpassword.com

has a commerical product which is purported to work on VBA passwords.

You might want to contact the coworker.

Tom Ogilvy

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
for one free available tool

I need to crack a VBA password that one of my coworkers

did a while
back. He is no longer with the firm, and the client has

come back to
change some of the numbers. Now we need to change some

code. Any
ideas? Thanks a lot guys.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My site doesn't describe how to remove VBA passwords. Only the worksheet
and workbook passwords. Removing the VBA password can be done - there
are commercial applications that do it.

In article ,
"Frank Kabel" wrote:

See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
for one free available tool

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Contact the former employee. She/he is legally obligated
to provide the password if the project was developed on
company time or was paid for by the company. I'd be
willing to have a crack at it if you can prove to me that
your company owns the code. However, I can't think of a
way to do that without describing the contents; e.g.
module names, Function names, a general description of a
procedure etc. You would presumably need the former
employee to do this - so why bother, just get the password.

Apparently by design, the VBA language does not access the
protection features of the VBA project most likely in
order to thwart password breaking. In other words, there
is no programmatic way to break VBA project protection
using the VBA language. A possible exception is by means
of the Sendkeys method.

In my experience, Sendkeys can be used successfully to
programmatically open a VBA project when the password is
known. However, when not known, using Sendkeys and
the "brute force" method will more likely cause Excel to
crash or, alternatively, will take forever. I personally
have never succeeded.

I know of an alternative method that, based on very
limited experience, is highly reliable. However, I'm not
willing to make this public.

Regards,
Greg

I need to crack a VBA password that one of my coworkers

did a while
back. He is no longer with the firm, and the client has

come back to
change some of the numbers. Now we need to change some

code. Any
ideas? Thanks a lot guys.

---

.