Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Points on Line Chart

Currently I'm having difficulties with points on a line chart. When I
double-click to select a single point on the chart, Excel thinks I'm
selecting the preceeding point. For example, when I hover over a data
point, the smart tip displays data for the point to the left of what I
am hovering over...

Has anyone seen this before? I deleted the chart and built it from
scratch, no success. I deleted the particular series then added it
back in, no success. Restarting Excel didn't help either. Funny
thing is, I have four separate lines in this particular chart and only
one of them behave this way. In my workbook I have around 30 charts
and after testing all of them, I have six separate lines responding
this way.

I appreciate any help or feedback you have to offer!

DC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Douglas Carr -

Generally, the first click selects the entire data series, and after a
pause, the second click selects a single point. It may appear that more than
one point is selected, but the format options will apply only to the
selected point. (I don't ever double-click; I usually click to select and
then right-click or use a menu option.)

Another way to select a point is to use the left and right arrow keys to
cycle through the detailed objects on a chart. The up and down arrow keys
cycle through only the larger chart objects.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com