Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Recovering File Info Specifically Save Date or Print Date

Is ther a way in Excel to get to the file save date or print date. I am able
to do this in Word but can't fined the equivalent method for excel.

Graeme
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at File / Properties menu
--
Regards.
Daniel
"Gadgetgw" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Is ther a way in Excel to get to the file save date or print date. I am
able
to do this in Word but can't fined the equivalent method for excel.

Graeme

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Daniel,
I understand that but i want to get the info into a cell programatically not
just view from the file menu.
Graeme

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Have a look at File / Properties menu
--
Regards.
Daniel
"Gadgetgw" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Is ther a way in Excel to get to the file save date or print date. I am
able
to do this in Word but can't fined the equivalent method for excel.

Graeme

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add these to a general module in your workbook then run the macro
documentprops to get a list of the builtin properties and their values.

Adjust to suit.

Function DocProps(prop As String)
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

Sub documentprops()
'list of properties on a new sheet
rw = 1
Worksheets.Add
For Each p In ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties
Cells(rw, 1).Value = p.Name
Cells(rw, 4).Value = "=DocProps(" & "A" & rw & ")"
rw = rw + 1
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP