Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default i want to create an IF formula to bring back one of four results .

. . . which would be dependant on the value of the cell.
eg.
0-5 = 45%
6-12 = 33%
13-20 = 25%
21 = 20%

i want the formula to automatically return the correct percentage, can
anyone tell me how the formula should look please?

thanks,
Vicky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

something like
=if(a121,.2,if(a113,.25,if(a16,.33,if(a1=0,.45 ,""))))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"vsors" wrote in message
. . . which would be dependant on the value of the cell.
eg.
0-5 = 45%
6-12 = 33%
13-20 = 25%
21 = 20%

i want the formula to automatically return the correct percentage, can
anyone tell me how the formula should look please?

thanks,
Vicky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default i want to create an IF formula to bring back one of four resul

thank you both so much for the help - worked first time!

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Assume you have those values in A1, put this in B1:

=IF(A120,20%,IF(A112,25%,IF(A15,33%,IF(A1=0,45 %,"n/a"))))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 26, 3:13 pm, vsors wrote:
. . . which would be dependant on the value of the cell.
eg.
0-5 = 45%
6-12 = 33%
13-20 = 25%
21 = 20%

i want the formula to automatically return the correct percentage, can
anyone tell me how the formula should look please?

thanks,
Vicky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 26, 3:36*pm, vsors wrote:
thank you both so much for the help - worked first time!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One more to work with.

=LOOKUP(B1,{0,6,13,21},{0.45,0.33,0.25,0.2})

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP