Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Data labels along below x axis when y axis has negative values

Hi,
I created a stacked column chart where my y axis has values ranging from
700k to -700k. For each column I have a label displayed along the x-axis.
However, by default the labes are displayed just below 0 on the x axis (right
in the middle of the chart). If a charts scale ranges from 0 to 0 the
labels are displayed outside of the chart by default...not the case when the
y axis scale has negative values.

I double clicked on the values and went to the alignment tab but could not
get the vales to offset low enough so that they are outside of the graph (ie-
under -700k on the y axis).

How do I display the labels outside of the grey shading on the graph when my
y axis has negative vales?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Set the label position to Low.