Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula copies value from original cell only

Trying to copy a simple formula (=e2*3) to the next cell. If the cell I am
copying equals 5, the value is posted to cell to which I ma copying and not
the appropriate result.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure if I understand do you want the formula to be copied to the next
cell or the actual result of the formula (that being 5)?

If you want to copy and paste the result use copy....paste special.....values.