Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drag Formula copies values instead

Hi,
When I drag formula down, it will copy the value of the cell, even through
the values of the formula get updated.
What I mean, if I were to drag the formula in 1A down to 3A, it would result
in:
Comumn A Column B Column C
Row 1 3 (formula is 1B+1C) 1 2
Row 2 3 (formula is 2B+2C) 3 4
Row 3 3 (formula is 3B+3C) 5 6

So the formulas are correct, yet the valus are wrong. It will work if I
clear the contents and retype them, or if I right click on the first cell,
drag and click "Fill Formats". This just started yesterday, on two different
worksheets (no viruses). Anyone???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is your Calculation option set to Manual? If so, the formulas copied down
would appear as you described until the worksheet was recalculated.

Hope this helps,

Hutch