Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Can't find link Excel refers to

Hi,
I'm converting from Excel 2000 to Excel 2007. I have a file I use
regularly. In the new version when I try to "save as" Excel tells me:
"Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are
closed. When these formulas are recalculated in earlier versions of Excel
without opening the linked workbooks, characters beyond the 255-character
limit cannot be returned. Location Defined Names"

The problem is, I hate links. I don't intentionally use them. I've gone
into name manager to find where it might be and I don't see another file
referenced anywhere. I even installed a "findlink.xla" and same thing--no
reference to another workbook. I wish Excel would just tell me something
more specific than "location-defined names" because I've looked in my ranges
and can't find it anywhere. What should I do?
--
Thanks,
PTweety
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

You could send me the workbook to look at.
FINDLINK's Help message contains my email address.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England