Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ann ann is offline

Default create popup message

my mind is totally not working right now. i want to create a popup message
when someone clicks on a particular cell. i know this can be done with
data, validation, but i don't want it on an error, i just want a reminder
when they click a particular cell. tia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ann,

Insert a comment with
Insert|Comment
Enter your text.

As soon as they select the cell the comment is displayed. If you want
something else then post back.

Mike

"Ann" wrote:

my mind is totally not working right now. i want to create a popup message
when someone clicks on a particular cell. i know this can be done with
data, validation, but i don't want it on an error, i just want a reminder
when they click a particular cell. tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ann ann is offline

don't really want a comment box, i want a popup box to show on the screen
(like an error message that pops up).

"Ann" wrote:

my mind is totally not working right now. i want to create a popup message
when someone clicks on a particular cell. i know this can be done with
data, validation, but i don't want it on an error, i just want a reminder
when they click a particular cell. tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I thought you might so here's one I prepared earlier. Right click your sheet
tab, view code and paste this in. Cirrent works on a1 - A10 so change to suit

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
msg = "This is to remind you of something"
response = MsgBox(msg, vbCritical)

Mike

"Ann" wrote:

my mind is totally not working right now. i want to create a popup message
when someone clicks on a particular cell. i know this can be done with
data, validation, but i don't want it on an error, i just want a reminder
when they click a particular cell. tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the "Input Message" tab in Data/Validation: you can set an
optional title (in bold) and the message.

The advantage over a comment is that it will appear if selected by
keyboard navigation too.

On Jun 5, 10:24 am, Ann wrote:
thank you!

"Ann" wrote:

my mind is totally not working right now. i want to create a popup message
when someone clicks on a particular cell. i know this can be done with
data, validation, but i don't want it on an error, i just want a reminder
when they click a particular cell. tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike,

Sorry to interfere. The thing you did is cool! Can you modify it that
includes date?
Let say the message " You have Termination Today : Nov.13, 2008 "

Basically, I have excel sheet and has column of date like this - 20081113
and so on..
the thing is in our computer its 2008-11-13. Instead of changing each date.
Is there a way to select all the dates and convert it to 2008-11-13 format?

thanks.