Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel 2003: how do I fix: "Style 'Comma' not found"

I cannot use any of the format functions in certain excel files that I get
from other uses. How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you sure the work sheet is not protected...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jrp9206" wrote:

I cannot use any of the format functions in certain excel files that I get
from other uses. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jacob - no it doesn't appear to be. I can change the formatting if I take
the long way of clicking Format, cells,..... but I cannot format cells using
the standard Comma, %,... buttons - nor can I format using my macros. ANy
thoughts?

"jrp9206" wrote:

I cannot use any of the format functions in certain excel files that I get
from other uses. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can change or Create or delete the Comma style. And I bet that's what
happened to the person sending you the file.

You can do it manually:

Format|Style (in xl2003 menus)
or
Home tab|Style group|Cell Styles icon (on the xl2007 ribbon)

Change or create the comma style to what you want.

Or......

Start a new workbook.
Open the offending workbook.

With the offending workbook active, click on Format|Style
Click on the Merge button
Select the new workbook
and click ok

Since styles live in workbooks, you'll have to do this to every workbook that
lost its style.

--

Dave Peterson