Mediaexcel

Default Pasting onto filtered cells

it doesn't work!

I guess the concept is similar as when trying to paste onto hidden &
unhidden columns.

Thanks
M.E.

--
Mediaexcel
Mediaexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8529

Dave Peterson

If you can sort your data so that the shown rows are contiguous, then you can
paste into those visible cells.

Then sort the data the way you want.

I use two helper columns.

The first one is a row number: =row() and then copy|paste special values.
I use that column to sort the data back to its original order.

The second one is a formula that mimics the filter--but returns true/false.

Then I sort by that second column, do the filter (on True) and paste my data.

then I show all the data, and resort it by that row column.

When I'm done, I can delete or hide those helper columns.