Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Floating cell with running total across multiple sheets

Hi everyone,

I have multiple clients that I keep time sheets for using Google Sheets. I am contracted for a certain number of hours per fortnight. However, during busy seasons I need to get the job done but keep a log of extra hours and then invoice for those hours later on and take time off in Lieu.

Each fortnight is set up as a seperate sheet with dates and hours logged as well as extra hours

I need to find a way to keep a running tally across all the sheets. A floating cell or two or frozen cell would be good, I just can't seem to find how to do it.

Is this possible? How???

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi everyone,

I have multiple clients that I keep time sheets for using Google Sheets. I am
contracted for a certain number of hours per fortnight. However, during busy
seasons I need to get the job done but keep a log of extra hours and then
invoice for those hours later on and take time off in Lieu.

Each fortnight is set up as a seperate sheet with dates and hours logged as
well as extra hours

I need to find a way to keep a running tally across all the sheets. A
floating cell or two or frozen cell would be good, I just can't seem to find
how to do it.

Is this possible? How???

Thanks in advance

First off.., Google Sheets is not Excel! It will open Excel files (as well as
others) but its features are *very limited* to basics only. (At least, as far
as I've been able to determine from tests I've done with my own timesheet
templates)

We need you to post a link to a sample of your file to be able to determine the
best approach with whatever data layout you're using on each timesheet. Also,
the structure of the sheet is important in that it must be designed to
consolidate by way of formula only since macros are not supported.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Note that whatever 'templates' we make for you in Excel, you'll have to
duplicate any features not 'automatically' recognized in GS. You may also want
to enable various 'add-ons' offered there. (Like "Power Tools", for example)

Note also that all data created in GS stays there! (Just saying)