Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL averageif with different #of values to average per calculation,depending on two criteria

I need to take the average of a large data set, for example for the hour(C) 7 of day(B) 2, hour 8 of day 2 and so on. As you can see some hours have more data points than others. I have to do this for both value rows D and E.

=AVERAGEIF($C$1:$C$33,7,D2:D33)
But then I have to manually change the range since it repeats (changes day at ROW34).
I Figured that by making a new column where the hour (C) exists regardless of whether or not it is in the data then I can skip on step:

Make column K1 to K24, then in any empty column:
=AVERAGEIF($C$1:$C$33,$K1,D$2:D$33)

Then by going down with the expansion cross I will get all the D averages for exactly one day, going sideways will give me the E averages as well, where no data exists I get 0#DVID! which is okay, Still I have to change the ranges and repeat once the day moves on, this works for the mean time as I only have to do one month for now, but eventually I need to do all 365 days.

If you could let me know how to include the B column so this is quicker I would appreciate it very much.

I have a vast range, I am copying two days out of 365:

A= Cell number

A B C D E
01 2 07 1.01 116.01
02 2 07 0.66 119.42