Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Set background color of a cell in VBA

Anyone know how to change the background color of a cell
in Excel 2000 VBA code? Thank you

Cindy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suggest the best method would be to record a macro of the chang
required

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

activecell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3

Tom Ogilvy

"Cindy" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change the background color of a cell
in Excel 2000 VBA code? Thank you

Cindy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cindy,

Try something like the following.

Range("A1").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Cindy" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change the background color of a cell
in Excel 2000 VBA code? Thank you

Cindy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to all that replied. It works.

Maybe you can help futher. What I need to do is check 8
specific cells on a sheet to be sure they contain a value
before the user can continue. My idea is to change the
color of those cells that are empty - which works. But
now I'm trying to figure out the best way to recheck the
cells and reset the color to white, where I might need to
do this several times, depending if the user actually
entered data in all 8 cells.

Right now I'm using 8 separate If statements to check the
cells for values.

Thanks

Cindy

"Cindy" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change the background color of a cell
in Excel 2000 VBA code? Thank you

Cindy

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cindy,

You might want to use the Conditional Formatting tool on the
Format menu to do this.

--

"Cindy" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change the background color of a cell
in Excel 2000 VBA code? Thank you

Cindy

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cindy,

You can use conditional formatting. In the CF dialog, change
"Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" and enter the formula

=LEN(A1)=0

where A1 is the appropriate cell reference.

--

"Cindy" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change the background color of a

cell
in Excel 2000 VBA code? Thank you

Cindy

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The null condition is the starting condition. So the cell can be
yellow when there is nothing in it, and then the Conditional
Formatting would be white if the cell value is not blank (or vice
versa).