Carlsbad

Default A formula to check differrent cells

Thanks in advance,

I'm new to this site, but I'm learning. I should have left an example of the
formula I'm currently using.

IF('Calculations'!C8=1,'Daily Reports'!A1,IF('Calculations'!G8=1,'Daily
Reports'!AH1,IF('Calculations'!K8=1,'Daily
Reports'!BM1,IF('Calculations'!O8=1,'Daily
Reports'!CS1,IF('Calculations'!S8=1,'Daily Reports'!DY1)))))

The = is just looking to see if a date is present. If not, check the next
cell, and so on.
Actually, this works fine, but I have 899 cells that need this formula. Of
course the reference points would change.

Is there a shorter formula I could use???

Carl
"Carlsbad" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2000. I created a workbook for viewing and printing daily
reports. 1 report for each work day in a month. In the sheet for
calculations, I'm pulling data from the reports on another sheet. On the
first sheet "my home page" I have buttons, "with dates above" linked to each
report. I need every link on my calculations sheet, "numerus", to check for a
date entry on the home page to determin which report to pull data from. I was
useing IF THEN formulas, but each on needed 5. With all the links I have it
will take me a month to write them all. Is there an easyer way to do it?
Any help please.
Carl