Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to I use nested quotation marks for 'SUMIF' function in Excel.

I'm writing a macro, creating a formula for an active cell using "SUMIF". I
need to use cell references that I can control via variables (aka 'cells'
with rownum and colnum notations, or named cell ranges derived from same).
Syntactically VBasic doesn't understand nested quotation marks for named cell
ranges. Additionally using 'Range(Cells..' gives compile errors. Is it
possible to accomplish this? Sample code?? Most grateful for help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Glenn,
Not sure if this will help, but here sample code that I used to insert a
formula.

Cells(RowCount, 4) = "=sum(D" & RowAnchor & ":D" & RowCount - 1 & ")"

RowCount and RowAnchor are variables I used.

"Glenn" wrote:

I'm writing a macro, creating a formula for an active cell using "SUMIF". I
need to use cell references that I can control via variables (aka 'cells'
with rownum and colnum notations, or named cell ranges derived from same).
Syntactically VBasic doesn't understand nested quotation marks for named cell
ranges. Additionally using 'Range(Cells..' gives compile errors. Is it
possible to accomplish this? Sample code?? Most grateful for help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Glen,

You can insert them via Chr(34). For example:
Cell.Formula = "SUMIF(A1:A10" & Chr(34) & "0" & Chr(34) & ")"

Cheers

"Glenn" wrote in message
I'm writing a macro, creating a formula for an active cell using "SUMIF".

need to use cell references that I can control via variables (aka 'cells'
with rownum and colnum notations, or named cell ranges derived from same).
Syntactically VBasic doesn't understand nested quotation marks for named

cell
ranges. Additionally using 'Range(Cells..' gives compile errors. Is it
possible to accomplish this? Sample code?? Most grateful for help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://tutorialway.com/use-sumif-function-in-excel/
check this site