Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to show full cell contents?

Why can I not see the full contents of B2, '03/12/2016 11 :19',
extending into the next empty column, just as in the row above?
I don't want to widen col B.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-Column-01.bmp

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Terry,

Am Sat, 03 Dec 2016 11:28:35 +0000 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

Why can I not see the full contents of B2, '03/12/2016 11 :19',
extending into the next empty column, just as in the row above?
I don't want to widen col B.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-Column-01.bmp

perhaps C2 is not empty.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Claus,

No, it is indeed empty.

I had been assuming that cell B2 would be treated identically to B1, as text. Both have a General format. And I also tried Text format in vain.

However, I now realise that Excel must be insisting on treating it as a date. So I'll simply prefix it with a single quote character.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Junior Member

Default how to show full cell contents in excel?

In Excel, the Wrap Text function will keep the column width and adjust the row height to display all contents in each cell.

Select the cells that you want to display all contents, and click Home Wrap Text.
Then the selected cells will be expanded to show all contents.
If you do not want to change the row heights of cells, you can use the AutoFit Column Width function to adjust the column width of cells for showing all contents.
Select the cells that you use, and click Home Format AutoFit Column Width.
Then the cells will be adjusted the column width for displaying the cell contents.

I hope this helps!
Tim Paine