JuliaC

Default Please help create a formula

Hello. I need to create a formula that will find the amounts on a
spreadsheet that add up to a particular total. Can someone help?

--
JuliaC
JuliaC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15790

Jim

Sure , give the sample data or try DATA SUBTOTALS from the excel menu.

Lemme know if any help required!

--
Hope it Helps!
Jim

"JuliaC" wrote in message

Hello. I need to create a formula that will find the amounts on a
spreadsheet that add up to a particular total. Can someone help?

--
JuliaC
JuliaC's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=272980

Frank Kabel

Hi
- how many values do you have
- do you only need one valid answer or all possible answers
- do you have negative values

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"JuliaC" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Hello. I need to create a formula that will find the amounts on a
spreadsheet that add up to a particular total. Can someone help?

--
JuliaC

---
JuliaC's Profile:

View this thread:

Paul Corrado

You can use Excel's Solver to arrive at A solution

With the data for example in A1:A10 and the formula
=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A10,B1:B10) in cell C1

Select Solver from the Tools menu

In the window that opens up enter the following

"Set Target Cell" C1 (your sumproduct formula)

"Equal To:" select "Value of: and enter the figure you are seeking

"By Changing Cells" enter B1:B10

"Subject to the Constraints" select Add and enter

"Cell Reference" B1:B10"
Click the drop down in the center and select "bin"
Click Add

Then Click Solve

HTH

PC