Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default ONLY PART OF MY TYPED IN Y-AXIS LABEL SHOWS UP ON THE CHART

I can't get all of my designated y-axis label to show up on the chart and it
also doesn't show up when printed or when copied and pasted to a word
document. I need the y-axis to state either % CORRECT or CORRECT (%). Please
help if you can, I am up against a deadline for my dissertation.

Thanks,
Christine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Christine -

Browse to http://www.google.com, and search for "excel truncated y axis
label" (without the quotes).

- Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"christineST" wrote in message
I can't get all of my designated y-axis label to show up on the chart and
it
also doesn't show up when printed or when copied and pasted to a word
document. I need the y-axis to state either % CORRECT or CORRECT (%).
Please
help if you can, I am up against a deadline for my dissertation.

Thanks,
Christine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Christine,

Although there may be no listed fix for this bug there is -

1. Suppose your Y-axis title reads "Dollars Received" you should type it in
as "Dollars Received xx". (Without the quotes).
2. Select the xx portion of the title and set its font color to match the
background behind the Y-axis title. In my case I made it white.

This trick makes the title box larger so you can see all the text that's
relevant. Of course you can type any text you want and it can be any length
and it can run right up against the title, however, it can not be spaces.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire