Junior Member

Default Complex: Date Ranges and Aggregating Data using IF Statements

First, anyone and everyone that can help is much appreciated. I am a new user here with some level of Excel experience--just not advanced by my standards. I will try to be as descriptive as possible.

Background:
I have a list of data from Work Orders (each its own workbook/file) that aggregate into one master file. That files that links to each WO pulling key data points (revenue, namely). This list is organized by WO Number with WO Dates as well.

Issue:
I would like to create an 'IF' function (if possible) that detects data rows with a calendar data between a specific date range, it can pull the value from the Revenue column and sum any values that fall with in the date range.

Purpose:
This is intended to easily provide a quarterly report of Quarterly Revenue. I am trying to do the past two years.

My Attempt:
I have looked at a number of solutions, but the best I could come up with is creating 10 separate worksheets in a workbook that each examine a specifc data stream (labor, parts, total sales (revenue), etc.) with If statements for each quarter and each data point separately. For example:
=IF(A2="","",IF(AND(A2=DATE(2016,1,1),A2<=DATE(20 16,3,1)),"=A3","0"))
This example assumes the date value is A2 and the Revenue Value is A3

Though, one, I have not tried this formula. I have just pieced it together, but I would rather not do it in this non-efficient manner, if I can avoid it.