Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro organisation?

Many years ago I wrote quite a few Excel macros using 'XLM Macros'.
After some googling today I understand that there's no simple way to
convert these automatically to VBA? Is that correct, even roughly?

If so I guess I'll delete those that are no longer useful to me and
live with the rest making a this drop-down list rather hard to use:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-29May2016.jpg

(Note that I've combined successive small screenshots to show this in
its entirety, largely for my own reference, as I see no way to export
the list as text.)

What has me puzzled is why recently added VBA macros from Claus which
I've pasted in don't get assigned to PERSONAL.XLS!? In contrast, I
just added an ultra simple VBA macro myself (with the Recorder) and,
as you see, that did.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Terry,

Am Sun, 29 May 2016 13:18:08 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

What has me puzzled is why recently added VBA macros from Claus which
I've pasted in don't get assigned to PERSONAL.XLS!? In contrast, I
just added an ultra simple VBA macro myself (with the Recorder) and,
as you see, that did.

if you want a code in the PERSONAL you have to choose a module of the
PERSONAL to paste it in. If you record a macro you can choose where it
will be saved.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Sun, 29 May 2016 13:18:08 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

What has me puzzled is why recently added VBA macros from Claus which
I've pasted in don't get assigned to PERSONAL.XLS!? In contrast, I
just added an ultra simple VBA macro myself (with the Recorder) and,
as you see, that did.

if you want a code in the PERSONAL you have to choose a module of the
PERSONAL to paste it in. If you record a macro you can choose where it
will be saved.

Regards
Claus B.

Thanks Claus.

If I paste one using Insert Module (like your last,
DeleteRedundantHeader), where does it get stored, if not in
PERSONSAL.XLS?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Terry,

Am Sun, 29 May 2016 15:58:09 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

If I paste one using Insert Module (like your last,
DeleteRedundantHeader), where does it get stored, if not in
PERSONSAL.XLS?

in the active workbook. You can choose the workbook using the project
explorer. Right click on the expected workbook = Insert module and
paste the code in it.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Sun, 29 May 2016 15:58:09 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

If I paste one using Insert Module (like your last,
DeleteRedundantHeader), where does it get stored, if not in
PERSONSAL.XLS?

in the active workbook. You can choose the workbook using the project
explorer. Right click on the expected workbook = Insert module and
paste the code in it.

Regards
Claus B.

Thanks, understood.