Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with customized RichText Control

As there is a security problem with the regular RTF control, RICHTX32.ocx,
somebody made for me a customized
RTF control based on the regular RTF control. I have been using this control
for years with no problem at all, but
with one particular user only there is a problem with this control in that
it can't be added to the form. When you try
manually you get the error message:
Could not complete the operation due to error 800a0174
I had a good Google for this, but no useful information.
I can't see nil obvious on the system of this user that is different to
explain this problem. The Excel version is 11.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be here?
I am happy to mail this control to anybody who wants to try this out.

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is all fixed now.
It was caused by the fact that the user was running an old version of the
file RICHTX32.ocx.
This is the regular RT control and the usercontrol was based on that
control.
She was running version 5 and it should beversion 6.
I should have looked earlier at that file!

RBS