Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bod Bod is offline

Default Data sort seperate by blank row

Hi!
In the past when I have done a data sort, the block of cells has been
confined by
1) a column which doesn't contain a header row and 2) a blank row.
I want to use this feature but today, Excel has decided it will ignore the
blank row and act as if all rows are one block. This seems inconsistent - I
was relying on inserting a blank row to deal with each block of cells
seperately as I have done in the past. Does anyone know what I need to do to
get Excel to act as it usually has done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need a complete column and/or row of empty cells to keep Excel from
"jumping teh fence" when sorting blocks of data. Be careful about those empty
columns-- are you sure you don't want that data to stay with the block being
sorted?

HTH