Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default To return a blank cell rather than 0% in a vlookup.

HI,
when using a vlookup from a table that might have some blank cells in it,
The returning refrences are showing "0%" when I want them just to appear as a
blank cell
Note I have conditioned the returning refenecs as a % and sometimes there is
a genuine 0% that I want to diffrentiate from just a blank.

Hope this makes sense
Here is what I`m using so far:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(EE37,'[Tracking Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(EE3 7,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE))

Thanks Guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
try

=if(your formula="","",your formula)

if this helps please click yes thanks

ileyrunner1" wrote:

HI,
when using a vlookup from a table that might have some blank cells in it,
The returning refrences are showing "0%" when I want them just to appear as a
blank cell
Note I have conditioned the returning refenecs as a % and sometimes there is
a genuine 0% that I want to diffrentiate from just a blank.

Hope this makes sense
Here is what I`m using so far:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(EE37,'[Tracking Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(EE3 7,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE))

Thanks Guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or use...

=VLOOKUP(A1,IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$B$5),"",$A$1:$B$5),2, FALSE)

and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter after you've typed it, not just Enter (change
the range and reference etc)

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

HI,
when using a vlookup from a table that might have some blank cells in it,
The returning refrences are showing "0%" when I want them just to appear as a
blank cell
Note I have conditioned the returning refenecs as a % and sometimes there is
a genuine 0% that I want to diffrentiate from just a blank.

Hope this makes sense
Here is what I`m using so far:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(EE37,'[Tracking Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(EE3 7,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE))

Thanks Guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Eduardo, that solved the blank cell 0% cell issue, but now I`m still
getting 0% when a cell in the AC collumn is empty (this means a student was
absent)
The formua now reads :
=IF(VLOOKUP(AC70,'[Tracking Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$U$7:$W$44,3,FALSE)="","",VLOOKUP(AC7 0,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted Percentages'!$U$7:$W$44,3,FALSE))

Is it possible for these referneces from the empty AC cells to be returned
as blank cells also or maybe be even NA

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

ileyrunner1" wrote:

HI,
when using a vlookup from a table that might have some blank cells in it,
The returning refrences are showing "0%" when I want them just to appear as a
blank cell
Note I have conditioned the returning refenecs as a % and sometimes there is
a genuine 0% that I want to diffrentiate from just a blank.

Hope this makes sense
Here is what I`m using so far:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(EE37,'[Tracking Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(EE3 7,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE))

Thanks Guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(EE37,'[Tracking Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(EE3 7,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE))="","",=IF(ISER ROR(VLOOKUP(EE37,'[Tracking
Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(EE3 7,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)))

Nice...

ileyrunner1" wrote:

HI,
when using a vlookup from a table that might have some blank cells in it,
The returning refrences are showing "0%" when I want them just to appear as a
blank cell
Note I have conditioned the returning refenecs as a % and sometimes there is
a genuine 0% that I want to diffrentiate from just a blank.

Hope this makes sense
Here is what I`m using so far:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(EE37,'[Tracking Prediction Tables.xls]Predicted
Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(EE3 7,'[Tracking Prediction
Tables.xls]Predicted Percentages'!$AG$7:$AI$44,2,FALSE))

Thanks Guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Is it possible for these references from the empty AC cells to be returned
as blank cells

Maybe just bolt on a front IF test for it, eg:
=IF(AC70="","",<your expression)
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

GENIous,GENIOUS, GENIOUS, MAX!
I couldn`t sleep last night worrying about this and 1st thing this morning
(UK), I`ve seen your post and it works brilliantly. What a relief. What a
guy.
Thanks Mate
RR1