Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default show most recent files first when opening excel files

When go to open the data files, how can I have them presented so the most
recently accessed are show first? I had the option set and now I 've lost
it..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsGeneralRecently Used File List.

Check it and set a number.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:46:00 -0800, Anne`
wrote:

When go to open the data files, how can I have them presented so the most
recently accessed are show first? I had the option set and now I 've lost
it..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll find them in FILE when it drops down.
If not, then go to TOOLOPTIONSGENERAL and under
RECENTLY USED FILE LIST select your favorite number.
--
Can''''t hear the Rain ?
Then listen to it.

"Anne`" wrote:

When go to open the data files, how can I have them presented so the most
recently accessed are show first? I had the option set and now I 've lost
it..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on Last Updated tag at the top of File open dialog (once or twice to
select descending order)! Excel shall remember your last setting.

Regards,
Stefi

€žAnne`€ť ezt Ă*rta:

When go to open the data files, how can I have them presented so the most
recently accessed are show first? I had the option set and now I 've lost
it..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Anne,

If you go to Tools Options... and the General tab and check the "Recently
used file list:" box, do you not see the most recently used files when you
click on File?

And are they not listed in the order they were most recently opened?

--
Ken Hudson

"Anne`" wrote:

When go to open the data files, how can I have them presented so the most
recently accessed are show first? I had the option set and now I 've lost
it..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

in the open file window, there's an icon that looks like a white box sort of
(views), click on the triangle next to it and arrange by