Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KV KV is offline

Default replacement for favorites command in Excel 2007

In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That
allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available
in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this
possibility of saving files locations just disappeared?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kv,

In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That
allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available
in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this
possibility of saving files locations just disappeared?

Rightclick your QAT and select Customise QAT.
Then in the category "Commands not in the ribbon" select "Document Location"
and add it to your QAT. Is that the one you're after?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar:
Press the "Office" Button 'Excel options' Customize' 'All Commands'
'Document Location' 'Add' OK
Micky

"KV" wrote:

In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That
allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available
in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this
possibility of saving files locations just disappeared?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KV KV is offline

I don't think so. "Document Location" only shows the location of currently
open document. I'd like to save the file locations like I can save www
addresses under Favorites in Internet Explorer. I have a lot of files in
different folders and I can't remember the locations of all of them.

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Kv,

In excel 2003 there was available web toolbar with favorites command. That
allowed quickly to find files. For some reason web toolbar is not available
in excel 2007. Is there any alternative for the favorites command or is this
possibility of saving files locations just disappeared?

Rightclick your QAT and select Customise QAT.
Then in the category "Commands not in the ribbon" select "Document Location"
and add it to your QAT. Is that the one you're after?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kv,

I don't think so. "Document Location" only shows the location of currently
open document. I'd like to save the file locations like I can save www
addresses under Favorites in Internet Explorer. I have a lot of files in
different folders and I can't remember the locations of all of them.

Did you try? it gives you a dropdown list which shows a history of opened
files.

NB: did you know you can pin files on the the recently used files list so they
stay put?