Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to reverse data of a single column?

How to reverse data of a single column?

Example:

Column

2254
245
148
224
2515
8476
47
5647
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

My question is " what to do if i want to these column values as shown below :

..
..
..
..
..
..
5647
47
8476
2515
224
148
245
2254

please reply..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select just that column of info. Data - Sort, descending. If prompted, keep
current selection.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Denish D" wrote:

How to reverse data of a single column?

Example:

Column

2254
245
148
224
2515
8476
47
5647
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

My question is " what to do if i want to these column values as shown below :

.
.
.
.
.
.
5647
47
8476
2515
224
148
245
2254

please reply..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
use another column to number your data, let's say starting from 20 all the
way down to 1 and then highlight all the columns and filter them by the
column created in ascending order, then delete this column

if this helps please click yes thanks

"Denish D" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apologies, I did not see the 2nd half of your post. It looks like Eduardo or
NBVC hae suggested a practical solution.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Denish D" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 27, 2:10�pm, Denish D <Denish
wrote:
How to reverse data of a single column?

Example:
Column
2254
245
148
224
2515
8476
47
5647

My question is " what to do if i want to these column values as shown below :

5647
47
8476
2515
224
148
245
2254

In an adjacent column (insert one if necessary) enter . . .

=ROW()

.. . . in every cel which has one of your numbers in it.

Then select all the cels of both columns.

Select DATA SORT

Select the column of the =ROW() cells

Select Descending if not already selected

Click OK.

Repeat to revert.

Alan Lloyd