Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ordering a column by incidence

How can I order a column by the number of incidences of a value e.g. by the
number of times a name appears in that column, ordered by greatest to lowest.

I apologise in advance if this is facile, but it's got me!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way is to use
=countif(a:a,a2) and copy down. Then sort by that column

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel