Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error on paste

This code has worked in the past for copying an oval shape with a clear background from one sheet to another. (we use it to circle info we wish to draw attention to). But it recently began to error at Activesheet.Paste. Any thoughts on why that might be? Or a way to fix, or do differently? Thanks in advance, Paul

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 2").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
ActiveSheet.unprotect
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft -12.75
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementTop -30.25
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
ActiveSheet.protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,

Am Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:59:29 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Paul Doucette:

This code has worked in the past for copying an oval shape with a clear background from one sheet to another. (we use it to circle info we wish to draw attention to). But it recently began to error at Activesheet.Paste. Any thoughts on why that might be? Or a way to fix, or do differently? Thanks in advance, Paul

try:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("Sheet2").Shapes("Oval 2").Copy

With Sheets("Sheet1")
.Unprotect
.Paste
With .Shapes("Oval 2")
.IncrementLeft -12.75
.IncrementTop -30.25
End With
.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 1:59:49 PM UTC-4, Paul Doucette wrote:
[...]

Still hanging up at .Paste
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,

Am Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:39:49 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Paul Doucette:

Still hanging up at .Paste

in my workbook it is working fine.
Try:

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("Sheet2").Shapes("Oval 2").Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Paste

With Sheets("Sheet1")
With .Shapes("Oval 2")
.IncrementLeft -12.75
.IncrementTop -30.25
End With
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Just tried on a different machine, and it works fine there too. I'm thinking my server needs a restart.
Sorry for bothering you, and thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction!
-Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Why not just draw a new shape when/as needed?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc