LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster

Default GETPIVOTDATA #REF! error XL2003/2010

Hi, I have a GETPIVOTDATA formula that worked fine in XL2003 and now that I've opened it up (some time later) in XL2010, I'm getting a REF error. Are there compatibility issues between XL versions. If this helps, the formula is:

=GETPIVOTDATA(TEXT($B$1, "@"), INDIRECT($B$2), $D$4, $D5, $B$3, E$3)

whe
B1 = "Qty" (DataField)
B2 = "Table_Supply" (PivotTable)
D4 = "Date" (RowField)
D5 = 1/5/09 (Date item)
B3 = "CategorySupply" (ColumnField)
E3 = "Gipps" (CategorySupply item)

NOTE:
* I no longer have XL2003 so can't ascertain whether that's the issue
* In the Pivot Table, the Values label is "Sum of Qty", not "Qty", but neither work now (and Qty worked previously)
* I've tried the formula replacing cell references with values as just above, including DATE and DATEVALUE functions for the data element

Nothing seems to change the REF error, so pretty keen for any suggestions. Thanks in advance, Paul
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster

Default GETPIVOTDATA #REF! error XL2003/2010

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:55:29 PM UTC+11, Paul Martin - Melbourne, Australia wrote:
Hi, I have a GETPIVOTDATA formula that worked fine in XL2003 and now that I've opened it up (some time later) in XL2010, I'm getting a REF error. Are there compatibility issues between XL versions. If this helps, the formula is:

=GETPIVOTDATA(TEXT($B$1, "@"), INDIRECT($B$2), $D$4, $D5, $B$3, E$3)

whe

B1 = "Qty" (DataField)

B2 = "Table_Supply" (PivotTable)

D4 = "Date" (RowField)

D5 = 1/5/09 (Date item)

B3 = "CategorySupply" (ColumnField)

E3 = "Gipps" (CategorySupply item)

NOTE:

* I no longer have XL2003 so can't ascertain whether that's the issue

* In the Pivot Table, the Values label is "Sum of Qty", not "Qty", but neither work now (and Qty worked previously)

* I've tried the formula replacing cell references with values as just above, including DATE and DATEVALUE functions for the data element

Nothing seems to change the REF error, so pretty keen for any suggestions. Thanks in advance, Paul

Another thought, any suggested alternatives to GETPIVOTDATA?