Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default % Profit Loss Formula

In my Excel spreadsheet I have these values:

A1= 0.0001473
A2= 0.0001620

I want to find the difference when I have a Long Sale and the Difference
when I have a Short Sale. I then want to calculate the % Profit/Loss for
a Short Sale and a Long Sale.

In a long position If my entry price is A1 and my Exit Price is A2, I am
using these two formulas:I

Long Sale A1-A2 = Profit/Loss
Short Sale A2-A1 = Profit/Loss

If I have a Stop Loss of 10% on my Entry amount I calculate these values
for a Long and Short position:

Long Stop Loss 0.0001620
Short Stop Loss 0.0001326

What is the formula to calculate my profit or loss for a Long and Short
position based on the values in cells A1 and A2?

I'm currently using (A1-A2)/A2 for the Long position

and

(A2-A1)/A1 for the Short position, but if I get stopped out at exactly
my 10% value above, I would expect to have a 10% loss. The formulas
above are not returning a 10% value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 1/16/2017 5:04 PM, Jack wrote:
[...]