Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MGP MGP is offline

Default Sort by color: Is there an easy way to sort columns or rows in EX

Is there an easy way to sort columns or rows in EXCEL by the color of the
text?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take a look at this page on Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

It shows you how to do it, and there is an example sheet you can
download with all the functions in.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 15, 5:02*pm, MGP wrote:
*Is there an easy way to sort columns or rows in EXCEL by the color of the
text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.Colo...r.html£sorting

--
HTH

Bob

"MGP" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to sort columns or rows in EXCEL by the color of the
text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How did the columns and rows get to be colored?

If by Conditional Formatting maybe you can sort on the values that created
the colors?

If manually see Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

CF-colored cells do not respond to the colorindex property so you need
something else.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP