Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Maintaining in-doc hyperlinks when rows/cells change

Suppose I want to hyperlink a row in another worksheet. I tried using names,
but they get messed up after rows are added/moved/deleted. Is there a way to
get sticky names that move with a row/column/cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think using Names is the safest.

But if you're using the =hyperlink() worksheet function, you could make sure
that both workbooks are open when you make changes. Since it's just a formula,
excel will adjust them when you make changes.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And names shouldn't mess up--if they're still valid after you do your deletes
and moves...

But if you're working with names, get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles
Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It might make finding problems easier.

Ittai Gilat wrote:

Suppose I want to hyperlink a row in another worksheet. I tried using names,
but they get messed up after rows are added/moved/deleted. Is there a way to
get sticky names that move with a row/column/cell?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are correct - names do not get messed up with move/add/delete, but they
do get messed up when sorting (which is what I am actually doing). Is there a
way to maintain correct names accross sorting?
Thanks,
Ittai